ESD safe working area basic requirements
ESD safe working area basic requirements
Cannot be used in conjunction with lightning protection grounding (due to lightning)
Ground resistance can be measured with a dedicated surface resistance tester
1. esd safe Workbench: It consists of a worktable, an anti-static desk mat, a wrist strap connector, and a grounding cable.
2. There should be more than two wrist strap connectors on the anti-static table mat, one for the operator and one for the technicians and inspectors.
3, static electricity safety table is not allowed to stack plastic boxes, rubber, cardboard, glass and other static-prone debris, drawing information should be placed in anti-static paper bag.
4. ESDwrist strap: Persons who directly contact static-sensitive devices must wear an anti-static wrist strap. The wrist strap should have good contact with human skin. The resistance value of the wrist strap system to ground should be 1 MΩ.
5,ESD containers: production parts of the components containing bags, turnover boxes, PCB racks, etc. should have electrostatic protection, do not allow the use of metal and ordinary containers, all containers must be grounded.
6, anti-static overalls: personnel entering the electrostatic work area and contact with SMD components personnel must wear anti-static overalls, especially in the relative humidity of less than 50% of the dry environment (such as winter). Overalls fabrics should meet the relevant national standards.
7. People entering the work area must wear anti-static work shoes. Persons wearing ordinary shoes should use conductive shoes, anti-static shoe covers or heel straps.
8. The conveyor belt and drive shaft used in the production line should be equipped with antistatic grounding brushes and struts.
9. Ionizing air static eliminator can be used on the conveyor belt surface.
10. The assembly fixtures, test fixtures, welding tools, and various instruments used in production sites should be provided with a good grounding wire. 11. Anti-static test benches should be installed at the entrances to the production sites. Every person entering the production site should conduct anti-static testing before entering the site.
Static control can refer to the following information:
(1) Control static electricity generation environment:
a. Humidity control. Do not increase the humidity as much as possible without causing corrosion or other hazards to the equipment or product;
b. Temperature control. Reduce the temperature as much as possible, including the ambient temperature and the object contact temperature;
c. Dust control. This is an important measure to prevent adhesion (adsorption) of electrification;
d. Floors, tables and chairs fabrics and workbench mats should be made of anti-static materials and properly grounded;
e. Electrostatic protective measures shall be taken for the delivery and storage of electrostatic sensitive products, and for packaging and unpacking;
f. The spraying, flowing, conveying, winding and separating speeds should be controlled in the pipelines of materials such as liquids and powders.
Use a moderator.
(2) Prevent the body from being charged:
a. Wear an antistatic wrist strap;
b. Wear antistatic clothing, clothing, and caps;
c. wear anti-static shoes and socks, anklet;
d. Wear anti-static gloves and finger tips;
e. Strictly prohibit human activities that are unrelated to work (such as performing exercises, playing harassment, combing hair, eating, etc.);
f. Perform an ionizing air bath.
(3) Process Control Measures:
a. Establish and implement anti-static operation procedures;
b. Use anti-static turnover, transport trays, boxes, boxes and other containers, trolleys;
c. Use anti-static tools (iron, tin, etc.)
d. Use anti-static packaging;
e. Set the necessary rest time for liquid materials with static burning and explosive possibility;
f. Minimize the contact pressure, time, area between objects (such as cloth, paper, wire, film material, tape, etc., transfer rollers, reels, spools, and products) and limit the speed of operation.
Production site anti-static operation specification:
1. The operation of all components must be performed on the electrostatic safety workbench. All components that enter the anti-static work area must be treated according to the requirements of anti-static electricity.
2. SMD devices that do not use anti-static packaging shall not enter the production site.
3. When taking out the components from the ESD protection container, it should be carried out on the electrostatic safety workbench. As a worker, the following three points must be observed:
(1) Anti-static overalls must be worn.
(2) Wear an anti-static wrist strap that has good contact with the skin and is reliably grounded.
(3) When contacting valuable SMD components, it is best to wear anti-static rings or finger tips.
4. For components that do not have anti-static packaging, they should enter the electrostatic work site after eliminating static electricity.
5. Monitors should be provided on important operators to detect whether the wristband is in normal condition at any time.
6, ordinary clothing, drawings and other information shall not touch components.
7. When holding sensitive devices, avoid touching the leads and lugs.
8. When certain components are to be cleaned, plastic brushes must not be used. They must be cleaned with antistatic brushes.
9. All tools, fixtures, equipment and instruments that must be used on the operation site and do not have anti-static function shall be placed on the anti-static desk (table) mat.
10. It is forbidden to reuse the device packaging tube packaging components.
11, in the manual welding, use anti-static low-pressure soldering iron.
12. Use low-voltage DC electric screwdrivers with grounding wires and other mounting equipment.
13. Outsiders enter the site and have not taken anti-static measures and must not touch components.
14. All kinds of equipment on the production site must take anti-static measures.